Scope of the application
When planning a new airport, or a new runway for an existing airport, the topographic surroundings must be considered by the planner. Obstacle Limitation Surfaces (OLS) must also be considered in accordance with ICAO and FAA regulations. Especially in mountainous or urban areas, this can be an extremely time-consuming task. With each individual runway layout, the OLS is penetrated in a different way, creating an innumerable potential of air traffic hazards.
Integrated into a 3D-AutoCAD environment, OSP eases the workload of the planner by automatically evaluating different runway layouts and graphically illustrating the OLS penetrations. With OSP, all existing and planned objects can be easily modeled and incorporated into the calculations of the OLS penetrations. The program provides a variety of detailed runway layouts which indicate the air traffic hazards caused by OLS penetration. OSP allows the planner to choose a layout that is best, thus saving time and eliminating the tedious efforts that are typical in planning a runway system.The OSP software is based on user input and software program methods that will provide the utmost in accuracy with regard to items such as: runway types (lengths and widths), displaced thresholds, differing runway end elevations, differing longitudinal runway elevations, surface locations and dimensions, and overall 3D depictions based on the location of the Primary Surface/Runway Strip.
- The Base Module is the foundation for every license, containing the majority of obstacle clearance surfaces and the basic functionality to create the surfaces in a 2D or 3D environment.
- The Advanced Module offers extended capabilities to assess user-defined obstacle clearance and other additional functions that provide for fast and reliable obstacle clearance organization, analysis and in-depth studies based on geographical input.
- Simple data selection capability relating to visual, non-precision and precision instrument approaches (up to CAT-III precision approaches)
- Entry of displaced thresholds, stopways, clearways and runway edges
- Entry of multiple elevation points along the runway centerline to ensure Transitional Surface accuracy
- Automatic Declared Distances calculations presented in visual format. (LDA, TORA, TODA, ASDA)
- Create 3D surfaces based on actual regulations and standards
Download more information:
||Obstacle Surface Planner [22 MB]
||Product Letter OSP [1,8 MB]
Purchase OSP or choose our consulting services