Market Analysis & Forecast
Business planning requires extensive knowledge of the anticipated volume of traffic. Accurate forecasting of this data is essential for the approval process and the planning of investments and infrastructure. Besides a wide range of consulting services the Airport Research Center assists successful international and national airports and airlines with customised traffic forecasts, analyses and market reports.
The forecasts and market appraisals focus besides global market and growth tendencies on specific conditions at individual airports, their catchment areas and market segments.
Forecast models developed by the Airport Research Center consider a combination of factors including economic development, socio-demographic structures, global growth tendencies, airport infrastructure and competing offers. Once the initial calculations are made forecasts can be tailored to meet our clients’ individual needs. The data can be presented in different ways, depending on which sector of the market it is intended to reach.
The Airport Research Center has access to extensive data resources for the creation of market analyses and forecasts.
In respect to the scope of analyses and prognosis services several Airport Choice Models and market simulation tools enable comprehensive and detailed results.
Services offered by the Airport Research Center include
- Passenger, cargo and air mail market forecasting
- Traffic forecasting
- Market potential analysis
- Capacity studies
- Market appraisals at country, region and city level
- Reports and appraisals on airport, airline and modal competition
- Determination of regional economic aspects of airports
- Flight schedule analysis and data reporting
- Generation of input data for capacity, noise and environmental calculations
- Airline route planning and base selection
- Business planning for airlines
- Market surveys
Subset of references
- Aircraft Movement Forecast of the World Airport System
- AIRBUS - A380 - Assessment of Market Opportunities for a new Aircraft
- Dusseldorf Airport, Germany, on behalf of HOCHTIEF - Passenger and Movement Forecast
- Sydney Airport, Australia - Development of long-term expansion strategies
- Dresden Airport, Germany - Traffic Forecast
- Graz Airport, Austria - Potential of the Regional Air Traffic
- Frankfurt Airport, Germany - Scenarios designed to ease the Passenger volume at Frankfurt Airport
For more information see the corresponding projects page.
Download more information:
||Product Letter "Market Analysis and Forecast" [0,6 MB]