Over the course of Airport Research Center's work a multitude of problems were faced which could only be solved through the engineering of new software. Thus, the department of software engineering emerged.
Over the past years, the Airport Research Center engineered customised software solutions, particularly on demand of DaimlerChrysler Aerospace Airbus, BAA and Fraport. Most software solutions are used for simulating processes in the airport system.
The Airport Research Center develops comprehensive simulation software that offers standardised applications to model airport processes.
Software solutions for following areas are offered:
- Passenger terminals (CAST Terminal)
- Airside vehicle and aircraft traffic (CAST Vehicle and CAST Aircraft)
- Curbside and other traffic systems (CAST Vehicle)
- Baggage and cargo handling systems
- On ramp aircraft servicing
- Tower position optimisation (TPO)
- Runway direction optimisation (RDO)
- Obstacle surface planning (OSP)
All software applications are offered also as consulting services and are in daily use in our consulting division.
Subset of references
For more information see the corresponding projects list.
All software solutions currently offered for purchase are listed under Products .